You are hereBack to top
Notes on Common Animals (Paperback)
This special 6"x9" edition has been published by Living Book Press in association with HearthRoom Press.
Originally published in the early 1900's, Anna Comstock intended that the pupil would use these notebooks, with their teacher- and alongside her Handbook of Nature Study, to create their very own field guides by observing local flora and fauna.
This book, Notes on Common Animals, contains questions about 30 different mammals, an outline of each animal, along with a blank page for the student to write their own story and make their own illustrations about the creature.
Also available in this series:
- Notes on Birds 1 & 2
- Notes on Plants & Flowers
- Notes on Composite Flowers
- Notes on Fishes
- Notes on Insects
- Notes on Trees
This book is best suited for:
- Homeschool students using Handbook of Nature Study or The Burgess Animal Book.
- Nature study enthusiasts who enjoy keeping a nature journal.
- Those interested in the Charlotte Mason method of education.
- Classrooms with teachers familiar with Anna Comstock's methods.
Would also make a wonderful gift for students, children, and naturalists of all ages